Thursday, June 3, 2010

Six Days And Counting


So since my husband is already thinking it, let's just say it. Yes, I absolutely have about a million other pressing duties right now and posting blogs should definitely not be one of them. But here we are.

The shopping began in earnest on Tuesday with a trip to Target with my kind mother. In the midst of throwing more medicine in my cart than I typically purchase in a year and corralling Elliot who thought sitting on top of the diaper box was the perfect location for his little body, Thomas picked out a present for his baby sister. It was a difficult choice. After all, there were pink ruffled socks that caught his attention and miniscule shoes with flowers, but finally he determined that bibs with polka dots were what he wanted for sweet L who he has decided will be his twin. Of course, he had to wrap them immediately upon walking through the door. In case you cannot read his card it says: "To Lucia From Thomas (though not necessarily in that order.) I love you." Precious. 

And then there are the whirling dervishes. Presently, both Russell and Elliot are obsessed with band aids and keep managing to pull out fresh ones despite my attempt to relocate the box to higher ground. And oh yes, just because I have absolutely nothing else to do, I thought I would start potty training today. I guess the thought of three children in cloth diapers motivated me enough to at least give it a shot. Nothing like two three-year-olds running around without diapers on. The good news is that so far they are doing well. The question is, can the grandparents complete the job while we are gone? Just kidding. Kind of.

Elliot loving the Bears and his gum. Me loving him.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

exciting! only 6 days now! so cute! I would want to potty train too... I understand wanting to blog during this time; connection and support from others and processing time for you about the life change of this soon coming small one! :)

Julie said...

Sounds like me....feeling strange about buying Wal-Greens out of their medicine, when we don't normally take any :-) Weird huh? Hopefully we won't need a bit of it. I love hearing about your preparations and can't wait to meet you. Just a few more days!

Ingrid said...

When Ben was 3 we went to France and left him for 13 days with family. I came back and he was potty trained! I thought for sure he would regress but he never did and that was it! It was a beautiful thing. I will pray that the grandparents have success because that would make your life much easier.