Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quick Update

To say internet access is limited here would be an understatement. Our hotel has one dial-up connection to share amongst us; the power has failed our hotel almost daily; and we cannot access our blog from any internet service I've found yet. Yesterday I stopped in a small shop advertising "Internet." After 20-minutes I was unable to pull up any website beside google. I paid my $4 and left. Finally, today, I found a way to post to the blog from the hotel. (I can not view it, still, though your posts show up in our email account.)

All that is not to complain, merely to explain our lack of posting. I think I can speak for both Beth and I when I say the experiences we've had on this trip make internet access and blog posting seem trivial. I won't even try to speak to them in the brief moments I have right now, but I want you all to know we're safe and sound. Lucia, Thomas, and Beth are sleeping soundly up in our room and I am about to join them.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. We'll be home with you in a few days.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Lucia is with you! Yay! Prayers...

Molly Sabourin said...

Love that photo, Jared! I cannot wait to hear about your trip (and to meet Lucia, of course)!! We've been thinking about you all constantly!

Meg said...

wonderful!

Michelle said...

great photo Jared! I showed it to my mom - we looked at each other and said, "desolate."

Stay safe,
Michelle