Monday, June 21, 2010

Meeting Lucia for the first time!

Here are pictures from our first day in Addis Ababa, including a visit to the Holt International headquarters and then the long awaited meeting with our new daughter: Lucia Ethiopia Kebedech Johnson. Enjoy!


Here we are with the local director of Holt Ethiopia, Dr. Fikru Geleso Heramo.


Thomas takes a shot at being the next poster child for Holt International.


Thomas snapped this one. He's getting better. I included it as proof that I was on the trip!


And here's probably the last photo of Thomas, big brother to two. Right around the corner... number three!


Here are Beth and Thomas ascending the stairs to the Holt Care Center.


And this is Beth holding Lucia for the first time—the most beautiful mother and daughter I've ever seen.













As you can see, Lucia has fallen asleep in Beth's arms. It's time to turn her back over to the staff at the Care Center.



Good night, baby Lucia. See you in a couple days!

7 comments:

Ingrid said...

OHHHH!!! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. She is beautiful and I am so happy she is with you. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Emily Lorelli said...

I have tears in my eyes! She is lovely! You are so blessed to have her and she is so blessed to have you. Can't wait to hear more about the trip and her and how you're all adjusting.

elizabeth said...

She is beautiful!!

Kris Livovich said...

What beautiful, beautiful pictures! I love the one where Thomas is holding her and she's looking at him. What a lovely family.

Molly Sabourin said...

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for these! I felt my heart skip a beat seeing the photo of Beth and Thomas walking up the stairs to meet Lucia for the very first time. You ALL look so bright and beautiful in these pictures! Thank you SO much for sharing them!

Juliana said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations you guys! I'm thrilled for you and hope to meet Lucia someday soon!

hotflawedmama said...

I can attest to the fact that she's even more beautiful in person (if that were possible). Love the pictures, love you guys!