Friday, May 7, 2010

Rejoice

 Overcome with emotion. That was exactly how I felt this afternoon after opening up an email whose subject line was entitled "Court Approval." I can only compare how I feel right now to the moment six years ago when a smartly dressed twenty something social worker sat across from me in our Chicago apartment, looked me in the eye, and related that it was alright to push my fears aside and purchase a crib because Jared and I were most assuredly going to be the parents of a son. And now despite the calm I have more or less experienced over the last few days, a big sigh of relief and a deep sense of gratitude for we have been given the gift of a daughter. Welcome precious little Lucia. Your daddy, mommy, and brothers cannot wait to meet you.

A blessed mother's day to you all!

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow! Yay! Many Years! What a joyous day!!!

Julie said...

So so so happy for you guys. And yes, hoping we can travel together. Congratulations. And enjoy this extra-special Mother's Day weekend!!!

George said...

Wonderful news! Happy mothers day to you too!!!

Juliana Dancer said...

Congratulations!! God bless you all!

Kris Livovich said...

How wonderful! Happy Mother's Day four times over! Your posts on adopting, your poetry post on the heartbreak of barrenness - thank you. Wonderful and heartbreaking and uplifting all in one, is that possible?

Congratulations again!

Molly Sabourin said...

Oh, Beth!!! Hooray! I am dying to meet Lucia! Yes, what a very special Mother's Day. I love you!

anna j said...

I am happy for you all, and for Lucia!