Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thought for this day


"I was asked why I did not give a 
rod with which to fish, in the hands
of the poor, rather than give the
fish itself as this makes them
remain poor. So I told them:
The people whom we pick up are
not able to stand with a rod.
So today I will give them fish and
when they are able to stand,
then I shall send them to you and
you can give them the rod.
That is your job.
Let me do my work today."

-Mother Teresa

Memory eternal to a friend, Bonnie Penner Witherall
martyred November 21, 2002

2 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

LOVE this thought. Thank you.

I just read an article in CT about how we are harming the poor and doing a massive amount of irreparable damage to their souls by hosting soup kitchens/clothing rooms/shelters, what have you. Left me unsettled and a bit angry. Mother Theresa puts voice to why I think they are important.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Beth.

elizabeth said...

Memory Eternal. May God always remember Bonnie in His Kingdom.