Friday, November 5, 2010

The People I Love

Another school day has come to a close. Stravinsky's Firebird Suite which kept Thomas and I company while we worked on creating forms with beeswax block crayons continues to play. I am on the verge of cooking dinner and my parents are on the verge of joining us for Friday Family Fun night which will undoubtedly include Wallace and Gromit per the Wonder Twins' request. My dear husband is working late, like ten o'clock late but did manage to squeeze in a coffee run for me mid-afternoon. Thanks again hon. May you all have a lovely, peaceful, joyful weekend. Enjoy some shots from our week, as well as  Thomas' favorite song from our Sesame Street collection (oh how it warms my heart to hear him singing it without any self-consciousness). Truly we are so blessed.


This one keeps me always on my toes. So loving with kisses for mommy on her lips, her ears, her nose, her cheeks, her tummy, and even her toes. His strong will often brings me to my knees. His favorite new thing to say is, "Pretty sad. So bad." This afternoon while he was supposed to be napping, I found him sitting in the buff under his blanket posing as a ghost. Also today he said, "I like carrots. I sat by Molly in my red chair and ate them. I miss my Molly." Me too baby.


Mrs. McGoodles. Don't cross her when she's hungry; she morphs into quite a drama queen. Really. Flailing arms and head. You can't help but giggle.


"Mommy happy?" Russell my little helper. Though he might not be able to wear his pants correctly, he is a bundle of sunshine. "I love you mommy," he has recently begun to coo. He loves to build Lego towers with animals at the top and then point out that they are "so fragile." "Don't break them mommy." Unfortunately, he likes to destroy things like this bag that he is moments away from tearing. He also has established a new affection for listening to the Frances books on CD. His favorite part is when Frances' father relates to his daughter, who is not going to bed, that if she does not go to sleep, she will get a spanking. Not sure what this says about my son.


And the glue that holds us all together. My darling Thomas. My constant companion and co-parent. Yesterday he created his own behavior chart for the twins. Four strikes and you are out according to T's rules. He likened it to a king and his nobles when the nobles were not obeying. Hmm.
Russell donning one of Thomas' creations. 


I just can't resist silliness. Our princess is developing quite a personality. She is just beautiful and her eyes just sparkle with life. What a treasure.


And when your house is already just a big mess why not create some more chaos? Homemade play-dough that resulted in much flour throwing.
PS I found a fantastic salt play dough recipe after misplacing one my mother-in-law gave me.


Elliot making cookies. Don't miss the bit of flour on the end of his nose. 


Thomas making a pie. He decided that we should call our bakery, Cookie's Fortune. A sign may be in the making. And oh yes, Korean chopsticks have many uses. Also stay tuned. Thomas has been listening to the first Harry Potter book on CD and drew some very special pictures of the main characters. I absolutely cannot resist displaying them. 

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

so cute!!! thanks for this...

Jared said...

I'm watching the QCSO rehearse Berlioz' Symphony fantastique right now. The inspiration for this great piece was - as always - unrequited love. This post makes it clear why I've not written a great piece of music. Love you, hon. Thanks for loving me.

Ingrid said...

Sounds like a delightful week in the Johnson house. I admire your attitude despite times of chaos. I just get crabby during chaos at my house :) I hope my children don't notice. See you soon!! Can't wait to have coffee and maybe get to clean your kitchen :)

Michelle said...

lovely post, Beth! I love that you are such a hands-on mom. Wish we lived closer so I could get to know your precious babes, and you could teach my brood to bake. :)

Nathaniel actually helped me plan meals this week, Anna successfully kept the laundry going while I was helping my mom with hers. I'm getting there, but it's much more along the 'utilitarian-productive' line than the 'imagination-creativity' things you do.

Hugs,
Michelle