Friday, November 12, 2010

The Man in Black

He had made his decision and could not be persuaded to even reconsider. "Batman?" I queried. "How about a pirate?" But my youngest son was steadfast. "Johnny Cash," he replied every time. So Jared searched the Salvation Army and returned home with a perfect outfit: black jeans, black t-shirt, and, if you can believe it, a tiny black leather jacket. And thanks to Doug and Kim, we ascertained one stuffed guitar. Perfect. People seemed confused when Elliot would respond to questions of what costume he would be wearing for Halloween. I mean, don't all three-year-olds listen to Johnny Cash (he does have a children's album)? Well, they should. And I swear to you, I had absolutely no sway in Elliot's decision. Never even mentioned Mr. Cash as a possibility. So to you Elliot Andrew Jin-seo, for one night, you were the most amazing Man in Black. And I am just thrilled to have this song on our post because sometimes, usually, it makes me cry. 


My radiant sister-in-law Sarah and my sweet niece Josephine Frances whom the boys and I met for the first time. 


So Thomas wanted to be Jack the Pumpkin King from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Dear Jared did the face painting. And I was dressed up as June Carter. Just kidding. You know I have no other color in my closet.


And Russell. He demanded to be his pediatrician Dr. Omar. Doesn't he look like he has an amazing bedside manner? Such a winning smile.


The Man in Black.




And Thomas looking more like The Joker than Jack.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

great pictures Beth! I love your kids creativity - and individuality.

Thanks for sharing,
Michelle

Molly Sabourin said...

Those costumes are pure awesomeness! And you look lovely too, dear Beth! I'ts hard to pick a favorite. I would love if my doctor looked as charming and friendly as sweet Russell. Thanks for sharing these!

Cami said...

I love it!!!

Kris Livovich said...

The man in black is so cool.