Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We See the Moon


Korean Folk Art

To you, the veiled ones, the ones shrouded in mystery, the ones whom I believe somehow mystically walk amongst us, aiding and comforting us in our journey. Your physical absence is felt most profoundly on this day, the day of our son's birth. 

Happy 6th Birthday Thomas Jung-hyun
May God Grant You Many Years!

We See the Moon
Carrie A. Kitze

I was born in a faraway land, 
of parents with faces in the shadows.

Where are you now?

I may never know you but I wonder
who you are and what you look like.

Do you wonder too?

The full moon glows heavy in the night sky.
A beacon of beauty and truth.

Why did you leave me?

Its soft light filters through rustling leaves,
making shadows that play on the grass.

Do you remember me?

I think of you when the moon is round and golden.
During a quiet time, a peaceful time.

Do you think of me?

I know you are always with me. All I need is to look
at the moon in the night sky and think of you.

Are you looking now?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy happy birthday sweet Thomas. May God bless you richly this year!!