Monday, September 13, 2010

New Adventures

There was much coaching at the breakfast table this morning as my eldest son provided his two younger brothers with some crucial advice for their upcoming day. You see, today Russell and Elliot would venture out, independent of their older sibling, and launch into Miss Marie's Monday Music Class. The twins were instructed by their serious but kind tutor—a graduate of Miss Marie's—to above all listen to their teacher. Promises were made of hand stamps, ball playing, and possible treats like popcorn and marshmallows. And then with a wave and "I love you!" yelled from the basement, where Thomas was already scheming plans for his hour alone with Grandma, we were off. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous about our one hour music class, praying that there would be no scratching, biting, or hitting of other children. My tinies are incredibly sweet but are often like ticking time bombs unexpectedly exploding with less than desirable behaviors. But today, well, today they did great. True to character, Russell joined immediately in, singing some of his favorite tunes like "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "The Alphabet Song," eyes glued on Miss Marie; Elliot was more hesitant and less willing to stray far from my arms, insisting that he be held for much of the class. And perhaps my favorite thing about today's class: As I was removing the boys from their car seats, three vehicles filled with Asian children pulled into St. Alban's parking lot. Asian children in the class 8; White children 5.

The Wonder Twins
I would be remiss if I didn't add that immediately prior to this sweet display of brotherly love, I discovered R and E devouring Thomas' birthday Skittles and M&M's. Elliot is in the blue. And, well, Russell is the other one.

3 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

ohmygoodness I miss them.

elizabeth said...

beautiful. glad they did well!

Molly Sabourin said...

I love me some Russell and Elliot pictures!!!

I need a Thomas up in here to go over the rules with a couple of my kids.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed your music class!

Love you!