Friday, February 25, 2011

Mommy Imitation

So the Johnson household held a Mommy Imitation contest and here are the winners in reverse order.

Coming in fourth is Russell. Mommy has never sat on top of the fridge.


In third place, with a very nice effort, is Thomas. The fact that he has Mommy's baby blanket at his feet goes a long way.


In second place, the only girl I know as beautiful as Mommy: Lucia.



And in first place, with the best Mommy Imitation ever, Elliot. I mean, seriously, how many times have you seen Mommy make that face?


Just a note: This was not my (Beth) original idea for this post, but Jared's is much funnier. We do try and cook on Wednesdays. And yes, we like to wear aprons. Elliot chose the above commenting, "This is a pretty nice one, mom." And for your enjoyment is one of our favorite recipes to make. Easy. Fast. Delicious. Bon appetit!

Chewy Granola Bars
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy (I just add crushed peanuts or walnuts)
1/2 cup honey or molasses or 1/4 cup of each
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsps vanilla
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cups Hodgson Mill oat bran
1 1/4 cups Hodgson Mill wheat bran
2 TBS sesame seeds
1/2 tsp salt

Mix first five ingredients together and add the rest of the ingredients
Press mixture into a greased 9 x 13" pan
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees
Cool completely


5 comments:

Julie said...

Love these pics - adorable! And I plan to try your recipe. Sounds good.

And for today's trivia: My Dad grew up very close to the original Hodgson Mill in SW Missouri...then my uncle bought river land right next to it. Some of my fondest childhood memories were there :-)

Gretchen said...

Love this post! Cute and creative with some BEAUTIFUL kids looking like their beautiful Mommy!!!

Joshua said...

I love it! I make that face a lot myself :)

Ingrid said...

Cute :) By the way, I am coming down March 24-27!! I have some presents for you from Ethiopia!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You have a beautiful family!