Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kind Friend

It has been one of those days. A day in which the whirling dervishes have acted less than desirable. A day of head butts, biting, and hitting and not only to each other but to our tiny guests. Ugh. A day in I which I seriously considered what I would do if friends politely requested that I forgo bringing the children when I came to visit. A day in which the entire container of cinnamon lies like fresh, red mud in my sink; an indestructible coffee mug lies broken on the counter; cushions from the couch have been removed from their covers and ripped; holy bread stolen. A day in which the Splenda and the diaper wipes ran out.
And then this dear, sweet friend, aware of my feelings of semi-defeat, left a bottle of white wine and some French chocolate in our mailbox. Thank you Leslie. So, so kind. Things are looking up. Christ is Risen!

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Oh what a day! I so often feel like I shouldn't bring my 3 crazy boys to other's houses. By the way we are stopping in Moline for a very short stay. We are heading to St. Louis and are stopping to sleep at my parents. We will be arriving Saturday the 24th in the evening and leaving the morning of Sunday the 25th. Would it be possible to have a cup of coffee with you? What time do you leave for church or is Sunday morning too crazy? I guess it is but it would be fun to see you for just 20 minutes on our way out of town.