Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Trails

Well friends, the Johnson crew and my mother are off today for a trip out east to visit my sister and her family. Since we will be driving (say a prayer for our safety, as well as our sanity), we have broken the trip up into three days. First stop will be Indianapolis, IN, where our dear friends the Larsen's will be hosting us; next stop Pittsburgh, PA, to visit Antiochian Village and pay homage to the grave of St. Raphael of Brooklyn; then to Hershey, PA, where our friends Kim and Doug and their family are presently vacationing. The plan is to be in New Jersey on Wednesday where we will spend lots of time swimming in my sister and brother-in-law's pool, drinking wine, and playing Euchre . Hopefully there will be a trip to the Statue of Liberty, and of course, I have a hankering to visit the Catholic Worker House in New York City and Dorothy Day's grave on Staten Island. Chesterton friends, just a warning, we may be headed your way on the return trip. I will let you know. Anyway, you can look forward to lots of pictures when we get back. Until then, peace and goodness to you.







7 comments:

Juliana said...

We'd love to see you if you have time to swing through Philly (even if only for a bathroom break!)

Carol said...

And I'm only about 15 minutes from I-80 so if you come home via that route, I'd drive down to see you even if it's just on the side of the road! :)

Praying for safe travels and a lovely time with your entire family.

Ingrid said...

Have a GREAT trip. I almost stopped by last night on our way into town but the kids were cranky so I decided that we needed to just head to Grandma's house. I am SO bummed to miss you this week but hope you have a great trip to NJ. Love ya!

elizabeth said...

safe travels!!! great to do it in 3 days... look forward to hearing all about it when you return and will say a prayer! :)

Kris Livovich said...

If you do stop at Molly's we would love to see you! Let us know. Safe travels to you.

Molly Sabourin said...

I've been catching up on your lovely blog this morning! I can't wait to hear more about the concert, and of course about this trip you're on. Miss you! Travel safely!

paige said...

So good to see you and your precious family! Hope you had a safe drive back and we look forward to spending some time together during our journey west!

Much love!