Thursday, June 9, 2011

Elliot

There was most definitely a smell of poop as I entered the boys' room to take issue with my youngest son over his inability to take a nap. And he was most assuredly in the process of closing a window which he and his twin have been absolutely forbidden to even breathe on since kicking the last one out. And I was, with just cause, about to open my mouth and spew forth words of disapproval. But then I took notice of what he had put on in place of his shirt and how he had tenderly diapered a baby and laid him to rest on his "Pooh Bear." It broke my heart a little. And so, what else could I, his mother, do but tousle his hair and kiss him on the cheek? I love you little one. Thank you for the gift that you are.


3 comments:

elizabeth said...

what a little guy! love to you and hugs.

Jared said...

Jingle bells!
Thomas smells!
Russell laid an egg!
Elliot
has a smelly butt.
And Lucia got away.
Hey!

Jared said...

I would have saved my poem for Poetry Wednesday, but I hear we're on a hiatus until the Fall.