Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How Quickly the Time Has Gone


Thomas' baptism with godparents Troy and Molly and Fr. John Baker in May of 2005


Pascha Day 2006 with Fr. John Baker at Christ the Savior, our parish in Chicago. This was our last Easter in Chicago.

Two weeks ago Thomas served Vespers and Liturgy for the first time at our tiny Davenport Orthodox mission. He did a great job and our visiting priest, Fr. James Mackoul, was very kind and patient. Plus Daddy was close by to help. I think Jared and I were both a bit teary and of course very proud.





5 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

Oh my gosh, time flies so quickly! I just love every one of these photos! Thomas looks right at home as an altar boy. I'm proud of him too!

Unknown said...

Beth, I can temporarily hem that robe up for Thomas. --Kristi

Kris Livovich said...

Oh, he's so sweet!

elizabeth said...

beautiful! Many years to him!

Juliana Dancer said...

Many years to the new altar boy! I'm sorry I'm only now getting to read your posts (I'll hopefully get caught up tonight :) ). I remember when Michael first started serving at my Dad's field assignment (like priestly internship) and now he's 18 and still at it!. Thomas looks ready for the role, and may he serve for many more years :)