Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Patience

Blue Nude
Pablo Picasso

Poetry Wednesday

Patience
Rabindranath Tagore

If thou speakest not I will fill my heart with thy silence and endure it.
I will keep still and wait like the night with starry vigil
and its head bent low with patience. 
The morning will surely come, the darkness will vanish,
and thy voice pour down in golden streams breaking through the sky. 
Then thy words will take wing in songs from every one of my birds' nests,
and thy melodies will break forth in flowers in all my forest groves. 

3 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

We prayed for you this morning, Beth. Having spoken with Molly and Paige after their visit, I have the impression that, while very happy with your brood, you could use some rest and patience.

My grandma always said "kids are a blessing and a trial". In my pre-babies days, I thought it was a terrible thing to say, but now I'd have to agree!

We will continue to pray for your family and we pray for your patience. Blessings on you.

Molly Sabourin said...

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly appreciate you more, I got the chance to observe a side of you that I, surprisingly enough, had never witnessed before. I'm not kidding when I said I gleaned a lot from you in that small amount of time. This poem, coming from you, at this particular stage of your life, is incredibly inspiring. We are all "in the thick of it", really, I suppose.

"I will keep still and wait like the night with starry vigil
and its head bent low with patience." Ahhh...yes.

So much love to you!

Juliana Dancer said...

What a beautiful poem! I love the line, "the morning will surely come". That's such wonderful (and true) reassurance at times when life gets too hectic to deal with. I hope you are all doing well. I hope we get a chance to see you all soon!