Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How Lovely Are Thy Branches

Pictures? You want pictures, Mrs. Sabourin? Well, these are a week old, but they will have to do. With a day off of work for Jared and our first winter storm in the forecast, we ventured out last Tuesday for our annual trip to Mumma's Tree Farm in Port Byron. Due to cold temperatures during our trip last year, Russell, Elliot, and I never left the van. We hoped that the above freezing temps this year would allow all of us to participate in our tree excursion, but after Elliot fell out of the sled into the snow, the three of us retreated back to the van while Jared and Thomas completed the task at hand once again.

My two guys did a fabulous job - the tree is perfect and smells great. Nothing quite like the smell of fresh pine greeting me first thing in the morning. (Well, maybe a fresh cup of coffee. Picky. Picky. Picky.) And while I would love to have a picture of it now, decorated and shining in our living room, at this point, that is impossible due to my youngest son's launching of our camera into a sink full of water later that afternoon. Oh Elliot. Just know that as Thomas and I unwrapped ornaments from the tissue paper in which they were stored, he cooed at nearly each one of them like a mother to her young infant. "Oh mommy. Look at this one. Isn't it cute?" And isn't he just precious? I think so.



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at all that snow! Those are wonderful photos - I love, love, love the one of the boys on the sled. If only there were a way for me to get a copy of that as a gift ... hmmm, I'll just have to keep on dreaming, I suppose. ; )

p.s. Ask for a new camera for Christmas!