Friday, October 23, 2009

Random Thoughts On A Friday Afternoon

It is late Friday afternoon, 4:15 to be exact. Outside it is cold, damp, and drizzling. I spent the day dragging my poor mother and children into the rain from grocery store to grocery store. Black beans are cooking on the stove top in preparation for tonight's dinner. My oven timer just beeped indicating that the 325 degree temperature needed to bake my pumpkins has been reached. My children are sleeping, and I am on my second Coke Zero (our coffee maker broke on Monday so beggars can't be choosers.) I should be cleaning the bathroom. I have just spent the last half hour on the phone calling our doctors' offices and then the passport travel office in order to attain information on which vaccinations we will need before traveling to Ethiopia. Poor Thomas, I have not vaccinated him since 2005. I have already promised him the biggest Lego set ever if he can make it through the series of shots with names like MMR, TB, and Hepatitis A that I am sure are awaiting him. "I want to watch movies on the plane," he relates, "but I am not so sure about this TV shot." My mood is reflective of the day outside my warm, quiet home. My heart is a bit heavy, and I am a bit teary as I think of our baby girl who is probably almost ready to make her entrance into this world, thousands of miles away. Already I weep for her mother, father, and family who will make the most unselfish decision ever; a decision that will forever wound them. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

Great post. So true. Good to see you guys today, just feeds my soul every time!