Friday, September 9, 2011

It is Mary that we love

Standing at the counter, I feel a tug at my pajama pant leg. It is Lu. She has a request. "Mary Poppins.  Please?" From the living room, her oldest brother groans. Oh yes, little ones, momma will cue up the record player. Ready yourselves to dance to "Spoonful of Sugar." You may even hear me belting out "Jolly Holiday." After all, it is just so catchy. Beautiful, peaceful weekend to you all.


Practically Perfect In Every Way
Please pay special attention to the umbrella

As an aside, but one that cannot be overlooked for posterity sake, Thomas, Jared, and I have also been reading through the first Mary Poppins book (did you even know there were books?) and in homage to Miss Poppins, Jared wears my mother's vintage orange straw hat with pink flowers. You don't get much more manly than that.

3 comments:

Farm-Raised said...

I love the picture Thomas has drawn. I am, however, disappointed that there is no image of Jared in his hat. Hmph.

Mathknotter said...

We love Mary Poppins. It was one of my favorites as a child, and we often watch it at my mother's house when we go to visit. Siobhan likes the books better, but who can resist the music and the chimney sweeps?

Michelle said...

Loved the Mary Poppins books and the movie! We listened to the book in the car in our driving around. And that Lucy is a cutie. :)

Hugs,
~Michelle