Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cheese!

One of the side benefits of Beth's time with her parents yesterday was my chance to substitute teach with Thomas. I must say I was grinning ear to ear as he was singing his even number and odd number counting songs and reciting his Dostoevsky. I made him do his reciting "in front of the class" following my introduction: "Mr. St. Nicholas (an icon on the table), Mr. Coke Zero (my current drink of choice), thank you for coming. Today Thomas Johnson will be reciting a passage by Fyodor Dostoevsky."

He is currently memorizing the Luke 2 Christmas passage. The part we added yesterday was the moment when the angel finishes speaking to the shepherds and an entire army of heavenly soldiers appears with him. I told Thomas that if I had been one of the shepherds, I would have pooped my pants. He laughed pretty hard. (I also heard when I got home tonight that he couldn't wait to share that little factoid with his mother today...)

Thomas' drawing has also gotten quite wonderful. This was not school work, but done in his free time. I immediately not only recognized the characters in this picture, but also the episode. Do you?



Wallace & Gromit is a family favorite and a regular for Friday Family Fun Night. If you're not familiar with Wallace & Gromit, or this particular episode, it's worth taking three minutes to check it out on YouTube. (Honestly, it's worth watching even if you've seen it before.)

Cracking Contraptions - Shopper 13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHUS-9laBI

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

That's a really great picture! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Molly Sabourin said...

He really is an awesome little illustrator! I love that drawing! Again, I'm just so proud to have played (as his godmother) such a crucial role in his artistic and intellectual development. ; )

Jared said...

I think it was Troy that first showed us Wallace & Gromit... so that's something.

Michelle said...

Wallace & Grommit! We LOVE Wallace & Grommit. We have the original DVD and recently checked out "A Matter of Loaf and Death" from the library for family movie night (which we enjoy only sporadically, much to my children's chagrin).

You make me laugh - "Mr. Coke Zero". My kids would love to have you as a substitute. I'm not nearly so fun.
~Michelle