Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Favorite Things

I don't know why it seems like such an insurmountable task to get the water colors out, but it does. And each time Thomas innocently requests to paint, I must admit, inwardly I groan. It doesn't take long to get the materials assembled. All I really need to do is fill up several old baby food jars with water and squirt some red, blue, and yellow paint into the liquid. Then,while singing, "Just Three Colors," a song Thomas and I learned from an old Sesame Street record, we begin the mixing: "Red and yellow make orange; yellow and blue make green; blue and red make purple fit for a royal queen." (I must note that Thomas recently commented, "Mom, you are full of songs." Later when he began to pretend to zip my mouth shut, I realized that my eldest child was not fully appreciating my musical abilities.) With the paints ready, my role in the project is complete; Thomas takes over and the artistry commences. And of course, the outcome is well worth any perceived inconvenience on my part.


The above is our airplane flying away from Korea over Japan on course for the United States, bringing home our own Wonder Twins, who I must add, are always activating.


A frog trying to catch a fly.

Both portraits now hang in our basement encased in wooden frames from the Goodwill. They are some of my favorite things.

2 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

O.K. those are awesome! I would have not only framed those up but would have made copies of them as well to try and sell on Ebay! : )

What a little artist.

Michelle said...

Great pictures Thomas!

And that comment about your Wonder Twins activating... laughed so loud the kids had to come read it too.

They did not understand. You know you're getting old when...

Thanks Beth!
~Michelle

ps: painting in the Leichty house is reserved for a summer time, outside activity. Although I was convicted of that practice when I attended an event at the local Waldorf school last night. But I doubt our practice will change.