Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Works of peace

Jesus is your child, 
your spouse, your neighbor, 
looking for someone to comfort Him.
Are you there?
 Let us make a resolution: I will be there
for my child, my spouse, my neighbor-
not just in words,
but by my sharing and sacrificing.
Maybe just a beautiful smile instead of that ugly look,
maybe a beautiful word instead of that angry word.
Let us take the trouble 
to be that one to comfort Him. 
- Mother Teresa

And though I constantly fail, this is my prayer. Forgive me.


Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, 
I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, 
and though I give my body to burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.


Love suffers long and is kind;
love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
love does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;


love bears all things, 
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.
Love never fails.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Oh those snapdragons....and summer water fun! ♥ This is my favorite time of the year!!!