Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Melkam Gena


Together with friends, many who have also adopted children from Ethiopia, we gathered last Saturday evening to celebrate Ethiopian Christmas. As a mother of children adopted internationally, I always feel such a blessing when we are able to partake in gatherings which not only celebrate the richness and beauty of my children's birth countries, but which also bring together families who have journeyed a similar path in building their families.  A special thank you to Zach and Tesi Klipsch for their hospitality and generosity in hosting Gena, as well as to the many people who worked to make it such a special evening. We love our growing Ethiopian community.


Lucia and her friend Yohanna


The twins loving Jake and Leslie Klipsch's sons, Oliver and Eli.



This picture in particular makes me teary because of the history these two share. My friend Tesi's son, Tomas, and Lucia lived together in Holt's Care Center in Addis Ababa. How amazing that they can grow up together.


The three tinies had such a great time at the Klipsch's and loved their clothes from Ethiopia so much that they simply had to continue the celebration into the following week. Despite the look on Elliot's face, it was totally his idea to wear the clothes.


Our beautiful daughter, Lucia Ethiopia Kebedech

7 comments:

Ingrid said...

How fun! I wish I could have been there. I need to find an Ethiopian Christmas celebration here next year. By the way, was Lucia wearing the outfit I brought back? I can't remember what it looks like. I may be heading back in April, I'll pick up some more if you want!

Cami said...

Beautiful! Happy times...

Molly Sabourin said...

Just looked at these with my parents. We loved them!!

hotflawedmama said...

That was so much fun. Love you guys!

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for all your help Beth. Your kindness is so genuine and contagious:)

Early Riser said...

Thank you so much for continuing the traditions and culture of Ethiopia for these children outside of Ethiopia. God bless you.

Jared said...

It is our honor. They are such a blessing to our lives.