Monday, January 24, 2011

Many Years Ann Maddex

A week later I am brought to tears at the utter beauty and innocence of those children surrounding me. How my tender-hearted godson, Benjamin, extended his arm across the pew behind him and grasped my hand; how my goddaughter, Isabelle, and her cousin Priscilla, smiled, enchanted by that figure, so sweet and still so new with life, as she was prepared for her descent into the baptismal font. I cry out of respect, deeply awed and humbled by Annie's mother, my precious friend Paige, whose multitude of trials, which could shake the faith right out of anyone, has left her more beautiful, filled with peace, joy, and love, so obviously reflected within her on this day. To you Ann Parker Maddex, four months old, this is my prayer, my hope for you: That you may grow in grace and truth; that you may love sincerely, hating what is evil and clinging to the good; that you may you act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with our God. And may God grant you many, many years.











And if you would like to see some lovely pictures from this day, check out Molly's post.

3 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

Beth and Jared,

Thank you for this post. Thank you for those photos. Thank you for your friendship and endless support of our entire family. I love you all.

elizabeth said...

Many years!! how beautiful... baptisms are such miracles of life! Many years to this little one!

paige said...

Thank you, Beth. This post means more than you know.