Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Portraits Of An Artist

When Thomas is not busy building very detailed Star Wars LEGO ships complete with ropes dangling from the crafts with one Asoka Tano attached or with smaller vessels ready to jettison off for battles ahead, he is usually drawing. If only he could utilize those beeswax crayons I ordered for his birthday. Sigh.

Thomas attended his first symphony in September after sincerely promising that he would by no means even whisper during the concert. Though there was some talk promptly followed by stern looks and a finger in front our our lips, Jared and I were pretty impressed with our young son's behavior. (See all those long church services do pay off.) This is how Thomas spent his time during Mahler Symphony No. 1. following the intermission. This is Thomas and Daddy getting ready to scuba dive at the lake. Do not be concerned, that "body" floating in the lake is a mere fish.

I cannot help but love this one. This is Thomas and Mommy flying a kite. Personally, I don't think I have ever looked better!

Don't miss this Peanuts inspired image of Thomas, Russell, and Elliot ice skating and engaging in a snow ball fight. (Presently Thomas cannot get enough of Snoopy and Woodstock. This is much to Jared's chagrin.) Initially I thought the image in the left-hand corner was a TIE fighter (again, if you don't know what that is, you need to brush up on your Star Wars knowledge), but Thomas informed me it was a snowflake. Can't you just feel the steam coming off those mugs of cocoa?

Besides Star Wars, Thomas has recently become enamored with Transformers. (This is much to my chagrin.) This is Thomas' own special creation- the sixth Dinobot- Stegahatchet. He has blades on his tail, wings, and breathes fire. Pretty cool.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Beth,

This is such a beautiful blog! I love Thomas' drawings, and I love the way that your hearts come through these pages. It is good to see and "hear" your voice after so many years!

hotflawedmama said...

Honestly, he's really good! I loved them all!

paige said...

Precious Thomas.

Farm-Raised said...

i love love love these!!! He's an artist like his mama. (I've never seen you draw, but you're certainly a writer!)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

sniff. sniff. I couldn't be prouder.

Who knew my mad skills as a godmother would spur on these incredible artistic talents within my godson?

Farm-Raised said...

By the way, is that THE green couch? Love it!

Beth said...

Oh yes, Leslie. I am glad you asked!

Ingrid said...

Can't wait to see Thomas and the boys next week. We are driving down on Sunday and then leaving the following Sunday. I will give you a call. Can't wait to have some coffee with you!