Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our new Church building

With the help of many of you who read this blog, St. Raphael of Brooklyn Orthodox Mission in Iowa City, IA, was able to purchase a new space for worship. Anyone who has visited our current space, like all of you who squeezed in for Russell and Elliot's baptism, knows this was a sorely needed move. Through the generosity of friends, family and fellow Christians around the country, we were able to raise nearly $100,000 in just a few months. Below is some video I took at Pascha this year, our first liturgy in the new building. Thank you for your help in making this dream come true. Enjoy the video.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Isn't it nice that my dear husband has a plethora of talents? Thanks Jared for putting this together.

mammamim said...

CHRIST IS RISEN!

Your new space is Glorious! God Grant you Many Years!

Molly Sabourin said...

How wonderful and exciting! I loved this. Well done!

::Sylvia:: said...

Christ is Risen!

Congratulations! What a blessing! Many years!!

Juliana said...

Congratulations--we are so thrilled! It looks like a wonderful space and a great Pascha night.

Christos Voskresee! Christ is Risen!

paige maddex said...

Wow! This video is amazing. Jared is so talented - we miss all of you so much. This video makes me a little sad, because it makes me realize how invested you are in your Church community. How wonderful, though.

Does Jared do freelance work? By that I mean work for free - no - but I will definitely keep his artistic ability in mind!

Victoria said...

Thank you for this beautiful video. I could not make it out for Paschal Liturgy, and in a small way, your video brought Pascha to me. Congratulations to your parish. Thank you again.